Sony Pictures Releasing International
Sony Pictures Releasing International is the international distribution unit of Sony Pictures Entertainment. The name was given in 2005, when Columbia TriStar Film Distributors International was renamed to Sony Pictures Releasing International.
Visuals: It's exactly the same as the Sony Pictures Home Entertainment logo, except "RELEASING INTERNATIONAL" replaces "HOME ENTERTAINMENT".
- A Spanish variant exists where the logo freeze-frames before "INTERNATIONAL" can appear and "Distribuida por Sony Pictures Releasing de España, S.A." appears below the logo, along with the Sony Pictures Entertainment byline, all in Sony's font.
- An open-matte fullscreen version of the logo has been spotted on the trailer for the 40th anniversary theatrical re-release of Monty Python and the Holy Grail.
- On the trailer of the Spanish film Veronica, the logo is red tinted. On the teaser trailer for the film, the logo speeds up.
- Another variant exists where only "RELEASING" appears. On the American and international theatrical release of Suzume, the 2022 version of the logo (as described below) is used.
- A print variant of this logo exists.
- A still version of the "RELEASING" only variant was spotted at the end of Sony and/or Sony-distributed films when shown as in-flight movies.
- Starting with the international release of Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero, the 2021 Sony Entertainment logo now transitions to this one.
Technique: CGI animation by Brian Castleforte and Sean Koriakin for Imaginary Forces. Something to note is that in the Spanish variant, the freeze-frame is made even more obvious due to the fact that "RELEASING" has not even finished fading in when the bottom text appears and the animation halts, making the "RELEASING" text darker than the rest.
Audio: Same as the SPHE logo composed by Lee Sanders.
Audio Variant: On The Squid and the Whale, the logo is silent.
Availability: It can be seen on The Squid and The Whale, and on most prints (DVD and Blu-ray releases) of Paprika after the Sony Pictures Classics logo (on streaming prints, only the latter is shown before the Madhouse logo).
- This logo also makes an appearance on the international IMAX 3D version of Resident Evil: Afterlife (it may be on the 3D Blu-ray release as well).
- It was also spotted on an international trailer for Punisher: War Zone, with the Lionsgate and Marvel logos preceding it.
- The "RELEASING" variant can be spotted on the 2015 Japanese film Shinjuku Swan, and on American and international theatrical prints of Suzume.
- It may have appeared on the select international theatrical prints of Universal Soldier: Regeneration.
|Sony Pictures Releasing International