Grab Holdings Inc. is a Singaporean multinational technology company headquartered in One North, Singapore. It developed a super-app for food delivery, ride-hailing, and digital payment services on mobile devices that operate in the Southeast Asian countries.
The company was founded on June 2012 as MyTeksi by Anthony Tan and Tan Hooi Ling to make taxi rides safer in Malaysia. Around the beginning of 2016, it was rebranded as Grab with an expansion of parterships in Southeast Asia that coincided with the development of products for couriers.
Visuals: There is text in an inline font reading "Grab" in white on a green background.
- The logo was originally thicker, and the shape of the "G" was slightly different.
- Versions from 2020 until 2023 feature an image of a man wearing a green shirt using his phone next to a male Grab driver at the bottom of the screen. This variant was made due to the then-ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
- Until 2021, the colors of the logo and background are inverted.
- The 2021 variant adds a few trees and hills in the background.
- A later version of the 2021 variant features a woman wearing a white shirt in place of the the man at the left. The Grab driver at the right also wears a different helmet and shirt.
Technique: None. [possible misuse]
Availability: Seen when you open the Grab app on a tablet or a phone.