All-Asian Satellite Television and Radio Operator, better known as Astro, is a Malaysian satellite television and IPTV provider. It was founded on June 1, 1996.
Astro operates in Malaysia and Brunei and operates from the All Asia Broadcast Centre in Kuala Lumpur and MEASAT in Cyberjaya. It formerly operated in Indonesia from 2006 to 2008.
|1st Logo (June 1, 1996?-2001?)||2nd Logo (2001?-September 28, 2003)||3rd Logo (September 29, 2003-May 19, 2012)||4th Logo (May 20, 2012-)||5th Logo (January 1, 2023-)|
1st Logo (June 1, 1996?-2001?)
Visuals: Against a brown background is the Astro logo from the time (a navy rectangle with an orange-yellow square with agolden glossy spinning globe behind an "A" shape with its horizontal line replaced with a cursive lowercase "a" and the detailed company name fully in uppercase and in gold). Behind the logo, there are orange-yellow lights and spinning thin rings. Copyright info in white is seen under the logo.
Variant: The logo may be superimposed at the end of some programs after the credits.
Audio: Possibly the ending theme of the show or none.
Availability: It was seen on the company's programs at the time, such as Roda Impian.
2nd Logo (2001?-September 28, 2003)
Visuals: Against an orange background is the Astro logo from before, with "RANCANGAN INI ADALAH SEBUAH TERBITAH" above it and copyright info under it. Behind the logo, there are yellow spinning rings.
Audio: The ending theme of the show.
Availability: Aside from broadcasts of programs from the company's channels, it can be seen on their VCD releases, such as their 2002 樂齡歌藝大賽 VCD releases.
3rd Logo (September 29, 2003-May 19, 2012)
Visuals: The sequence starts off with a white background, which flashes as it's revealed to be a light on a navy background. In front of the light is the Astro logo, with the text being white and the curvy line being red. Copyright info can be seen under the logo.
- From 2003 until around the early 2010s, the logo is much more simpler, and "Rancangan ini adalah sebuah terbitah" is above the logo.
- Starting in 2005, the font for the copyright year was changed to Helvetica Bold.
- Starting in 2006, the "Rancangan ini adalah sebuah terbitah" and the copyright info was completely changed to Helvetica Bold.
- The logo may vary in either Malay or English.
- The logo often doesn't begin with the flash for the early variants of the logo.
Technique: 2D CGI.
Audio: Either none or the ending theme of the show.
Audio Variant: At the end of the 2010 Tiger Woohoo! DVD, a long, held choir note is used.
Availability: Appeared on the company's programs from the time, such as Follow Me, King's War, Raja Lawak Astro, Macam Macam Aznil, Hello Bro, Tolong Masak!, and Happy New Year Dragon.
4th Logo (May 20, 2012-)
Visuals: Similar to the previous logo, except that the light turns light gray when it flashes, the background is now white, and the logo and the copyright info is now completely magenta, with the wordmark being slightly tweaked.
Variant: Sometimes, there is no year info.
Technique: 2D CGI.
- Appears on the company's programs released in the era such as Oh My English!, Gegar Vaganza, MeleTOP, To Be Continued, Love Elsa, Mr. Grey, My Romantic Some Recipe, and Suri Hati Mr. Pilot.
- It also appears on the company's channels' airings of non-Astro programs, such as Tayo the Little Bus, BoBoiBoy Galaxy, New Doraemon, Mechamato, Upin & Ipin, Didi & Friends, and Beyblade Burst.
5th Logo (January 1, 2023-)
Visuals: On a white background, there are the letters and the curved line of the astro logo zooming away from us. As the logo forms and settles its position, the copyright info appears at the bottom of the screen. The logo then shines.
Technique: 3D CGI.
Availability: Unknown. [Examples?]